Speaker Ready Room
The Speaker Ready Room is located in Indigo 204AB (Level 2). All presenters are required to go to the Speaker Ready Room the day before their session takes place so that their presentation can be uploaded; computers are available to preview your presentation. This room will be open during the following hours:
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday, March 15, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- You should arrive at the front of your session room at least ten minutes in advance of your session (or the session that precedes yours if there isn’t a break in between). ASTRO Education staff and an AV Tech will be there to give instructions and acquaint you with the AV set up on the stage.
- Please stay within your presentation time limits. You will be able to view a timer that will be operated by the AV Tech. Oral abstract presenters will have seven minutes for presenting the abstract and three minutes for questions from the audience (a total of 10 minutes per abstract).
- You are required to disclose before your talk (more information is below).
- Presentations must be objective and free of commercial bias for or against any product or device. Slides and/or reference materials shall not, by their content or format, advance the specific proprietary interests of a commercial entity.
- All clinical recommendations must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients. All scientific research referred to, reported or used to support or justify a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis.
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If trade names are used, those of several companies should be used rather than only that of a single supporting company.
- Presentations must offer a balanced view of current medical practice that includes discussion of all available therapeutic products, including benefits and risks associated with each.
- Presentation materials must not include any commercial logos.
- Presentations must be HIPAA compliant (e.g., will only use de-identified patient information and/or will obtain written consent from the patient).
- All speakers, regardless of whether your presentation has been emailed to ASTRO staff or not, must check in at the Speaker Ready Room and review their presentation.
- If you do not upload your file AT LEAST two hours prior to the start of your session, the risk for AV problems is significant; we recommend uploading the day before your session takes place.
- Please see the "Building Your Presentation" section below for file formats that are allowed. If your presentation contains any video or audio, please submit your files to the Speaker Ready Room as early as possible due to additional processing time that may be required.
Presenters are required to disclose the following, if applicable, to the audience at the beginning of your presentation and in accordance with ACCME standards and Food and Drug Administration requirements:
- The existence of any financial or other relationship you have with the manufacturer(s) or any commercial product(s) or provider(s) of any commercial services discussed in an educational presentation.
- Any vested interest or intention to discuss off-label use of pharmaceuticals or devices.
Remember that you will need to display your disclosure slide(s) before your presentation begins.
Building Your Presentation
- Remember to remove any banners/templates from other meetings/symposia. We recommend you use the meeting's PowerPoint template for your slides.
- All of the screens will be a 16:9 widescreen ratio. If your presentation is in the older 4:3 ratio rather than 16:9, your presentation will be "pillar boxed" on the wider screens.
- All electronic files must be submitted using one of the formats listed below:
- PowerPoint 2016 or earlier version
- Drive should be FAT32, NTFS, or ExFAT formatted
- Video playback: MP4, WMV (other formats may require conversion)
- Even though most video files are embedded in the .pptx file, you should have copies of all files available in case conversion is required.
- YouTube and other online videos will need to be downloaded and inserted (instead of linking to the online video).
- It is important that your movies do not completely fill the screen. In the meeting room you will only have a mouse to advance your slides. You can only advance your PowerPoint by clicking on the slide, not the movie itself.
Arriving in the Session Room
You should arrive at the front of your session room (Indigo Ballroom Salons ABEF, Level 2) at least ten minutes in advance of your session (or the session that precedes yours if there isn’t a break in between). ASTRO Education staff and the AV tech will be there to give instructions and acquaint you with the AV set up on the stage. It is essential that each presenter stay within the time limits. A timer will be operated by the AV tech to ensure this.
| Contact Us
251 18th Street South, 8th Floor, Arlington, VA 22202 | Phone: 703.502.1550 | Fax: 703.502.7852